Chheena poda is a cheese dessert which is originated from ODISHA , AN INDIAN STATE. Chhena poda stands for roasted cheese in ODIA. It is a very famous and delicious dessert liked by all the people as it is very quick and easy to prepare. It is mainly a traditional dish of ODISHA which is generally prepared on the days of DURGA PUJA. It is also soled at the streets of ODISHA along with the bengali dessert rosogulla.
SO, lets start the making of chheena poda-
- Milk (cow or full cream) – 1.5 litres
- Lemon – 3
- Sugar – ¾ cup (150 grams)
- Semolina – 3 tbsp (40 grams)
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Raisins – ¼ cup
- Cashews – ¼ cup
- Cardamoms – 4
- For Chenna
- – Take 1.5 litres of cow’s milk in a vessel and boil it.
- – Take ¼ cup of cashews and chop them.
- – Take 4 green cardamoms, peel and grind them coarsely ground.
- – Take 3 medium-sized lemons, chop them and extract their pulp..
- – Switch off the flame after boiling the milk.
- – Mix some water to the lemon juice and add it to milk in the intervals.
- – Stir and mix well until whey water separates from it.
- – Filter and strain the Chenna separately.
- – Mash the Chenna well to make it soft.
- – Add 3 tablespoons of semolina and a ¼ cup of sugar to it.
- – Stir and mix them well.
- – Keep it aside for 15 minutes to ferment.
- – It has fermented after 15 minutes, mix 2 tablespoons of Ghee and chopped cashews to it.
- – Add a ¼ cup of raisins and cardamom powder to it .
- – Preheat ½ kg of salt in a pressure cooker for 6 to 7 minutes on high flame.
- – Take a container, grease it with Ghee and spread a butter paper over its base.
- – Spread some Ghee over it too and add the mixture in it.
- – Tap it to spread it evenly.
- – Place the container inside the cooker and bake it for 30 minutes on medium flame.
- – Bake it again for 15 minutes on low flame.
- – After 15minutes, remove it from the container and let it cool down.
- – 55 minutes was acquired to bake it whole.
- – After baking it, remove it from the corners and flip it upside down.
- – Tap, remove it from the container and separate the paper from it.
- – The Chenna Poda is ready to be served.