When it comes to muffins its everyones favourite and specially choco lava muffins which consist of both normal chocolate and melted chocolates generally served at hot temperature but we can also eat it after chilling it.
So, lets start the making of choco muffins-
1. 300 grams or 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chopped
2. 150 grams or 2/3 cup unsalted butter
3. 4 Eggs , at room temperature
4. 70 grams or 1/3 cup granulated sugar
5. 1 tsp vanilla extract or essence
75 grams or 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- Melt together the chopped chocolate and butter in a double boiler or microwave until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat together the sugar and eggs for few minutes using a whisk or electric mixer.
- When it triples in volume , add in the vanilla and beat it in.
- Add the chocolate-butter mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and beat until incorporated.
- Chill this batter in the refrigerator for an hour or upto a day.
- Preheat your oven to 200 C / 400 F . Line your muffin tray with liners .Fill the liners about 3/4th full.
- Bake at 200 c/ 400 F for 15-20 minutes. 18 minutes for a gooier centre and 20-22 minutes for a firmer centre. The top should be firm and cracked, and not wobbly. Do not over bake! Cool on a wire rack – you can serve warm too!