KHEER is a traditional and an ancient pudding which is the most common dessert in the days of festival. A dessert which is very famous in the STATES OF INDIA. It is made from the basic ingredients at home and also garnished with the healthy dry fruits. It is generally served as a dessert after meals.
KHEER is also known by other names at different states of INDIA like- PAYASAM , PAYASA AND KSHEERAM. It is also very famous in the regions of pakistan , BANGLADESH , NEPAL AND SRILANKA. Kheer is also very beneficial for health as it provides the sources of calcium and also low in cholesterol , it gives a cooling effect on the body which is very important generally in the summer season.
INGREDIENTS for Kheer
- BASMATI (OPTIONAL)
- TAKE A BOWL OF WATER AND PUT THE BASMATI IN IT AND LET THE BASMATI SOAK THE WATER OF THE BOWL.
- BY THE TIME TAKE A PAN AND HEAT 2/3 CUP OF MILK ALONGWITH RICE AT MEDIUM FLAME.
- STIR IT WELL AT MEDIUM FLAME UNTIL IT GETS A THICK CONSISTENCY.
- ONCE U GET A NORMAL THICK CONSISTENCY SLOWLY ADD THE (WATER SOAKED) BASMATI TO THE PAN.
- ADD SUGAR ACCORDING TO THE TASTE.
- TAKE A HALF CUP OF MILK AND ADD FEW SAFFRON PIECES AND MIX IT WELL.
- ADD THE SAFFRON MIXTURE TO THE PAN AND MIX THE SOLUTION FIRMLY , ADD SOME RAISINS TO THE MIXTURE AND MIX IT.
- LET IT COOK FOR SOME TIME AND BY THE TIME KEEP ON STIRRING IT WELL SO THAT IT GETS AN AMAZING CONSISTENCY.
- KHEER IS READY TO BE SERVED.
- GARNISH THE KHEER WITH FEW CHOPPED DRY FRUITS WHICH IS TOTALLY OPTIONAL.
NOTE- YOU CAN SERVE THE KHEER AS A DESSERT AFTER FOOD AND ALSO AS A BHOG IN OCCASION OR FESTIVALS.